An award-winning writer and public speaker, I live with my husband and four children in Columbus Ohio. When I'm not plotting my next novel you can find me eating mint chocolate chip ice cream or singing off tune. Sadly, I'm addicted to young adult fiction and dark chocolate and refuse to seek help.
I am a member of The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. My young adult romance manuscript now titled "Darkest Time" has won several awards, placing in contests such as
My young adult novels "Painless" also placed in the Columbus Fiction Writer's Ignite the Flame contest and "Crashing Melodies" earned a place in the Indiana Golden Opportunity contest's YA category. I was also named one a Business First Top 40 Under 40 in Columbus, Ohio.
I have a journalism degree from The Ohio State University and more than twenty years professional experience in marketing and public relations. I've been a workshop speaker on marketing and public relations topics for the annual RWA National conference, Central Ohio Fiction Writers meetings and Ohio Meadville Summer Institute. I have also published marketing articles in national publications, including PRSA Tactics and RWA's Romance Writer Report.
I also conduct youth workshops for schools and youth groups to inspire writing and help teens and young adults define their place in this digital and socially-connected world and to help parents guide their kids with empathy and courage.
Five interesting facts about me...
- I've been writing since I was five years old. I got the idea for my first completed novel when I was in my mid-teens.
- In high school I won a poetry contest at Bluffton College for a poem called Children of War.
- Though I was a cheerleader in high school, I generally wore black and white striped tights with a black fish net dress. Walking down the senior hall, guys shouted: "Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice." This made me happy.
- I love to attend writers conferences, which are great learning experiences by day, and giggle-inducing slumber parties by night. I highly recommend trying one. Most recently I tried a virtual one and sans the slumber party, it was still pretty awesome.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love dressing up. I've been everything from Snow White to an evil witch, and everything in between including Wilma from the Flintstones, Rita Skeeter from Harry Potter and more!